Family Law Attorney in Oja, California
Divorce as well as other family law issues like child custody and restraining orders are some of the most challenging issues that many people face. You understandably want the assistance of a compassionate California family law attorney in such a situation who can help you navigate these matters.
While countless family law attorneys practice in California, we believe that the Land Legal Group stands out due to its experienced and compassionate attorneys who can help you meet your goals. Our attorneys focus on making ourselves available to answer your various questions and helping your case as it progresses through the various parts of the legal process.
Offering honest case evaluations about the most complex situations, our attorneys understand that no two cases are alike and focus on offering a personally tailored legal strategy for each situation.
What Constitutes Family Law in Oja
Family law refers to the area of law that deals with family relationships and includes an extensive body of state statutes as well as case law. Generally, parties in family law cases are married or share a child, but sometimes family law impacts people who share a more casual relationship. Most family law cases arise in marriages that are ending or relationships where property and other assets must be divided.
Our family law attorneys represent clients in many more situations than the end of marriages. It can be advantageous to have an ongoing connection to an experienced family law attorney when remarrying, experiencing a job loss or other change of income, agreeing on custody terms, or navigating other circumstances that impact custody. Some of the other types of cases in which our Oja family law attorneys include:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Not all family law issues occur inside a court of law. There are many occasions when family law attorneys must create documents on behalf of couples or families without needing to get a family law judge involved. Some of these situations include prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Modification of child support or custody orders. Our compassionate family law attorneys help clients with civil issues that address finances as well as children. While these issues can exist independently of marital cases in many situations involving the modification of an existing order due to a change in a parent’s income or relocation or other times when paternity must be established. In these situations, our lawyers do everything possible to make sure that the order is fair for all of the parties who are involved.
- Domestic violence orders. Sometimes, our lawyers also take on domestic violence cases. Domestic violence is considered a criminal offense, but it is a part of family law. Among other reasons, domestic violence has the potential to seriously disrupt the bonds that keep families together. Family law attorneys often represent either victims of domestic abuse or people who are accused of domestic violence. While domestic abuse is traditionally thought of as occurring between husband and wife, it can also involve many other relationships including people about to be married, former partners, and parents and children. Domestic violence can include any two people who share a close personal relationship.
- Another area of law commonly practiced by our attorneys is adoption. The adoption process requires various approvals as well as a substantial body of paperwork. Sometimes, courtroom proceedings and multiple hearings are also needed for adoption. Adoption is commonly divided into three types: closed, semi-open, and open. Closed adoption occurs when there is no identifying information about the birth family. Open adoption involves adoptive parents who are identified. Semi-open is a mixture of the two.
At Land Legal Group, our family law attorney in Oja, CA also focuses on the following practice areas:
- Same-Sex Divorce
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Spousal Support
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Children’s Law
- Domestic Violence
- Father’s Rights
- Grandparents Rights
Why You Need an Oja Family Law Attorney
This article has only touched on some of the most common reasons why people need family law attorneys. Family law attorneys must receive rigorous schooling as well as examinations to make sure they are familiar with California law, but our family law attorneys are particularly well versed in family law practices and procedures. When you obtain the assistance of legal counsel at the Land Legal Group, our lawyers will focus on providing you with tireless representation in even the toughest cases.
Representation begins the moment you have an initial case consultation with an attorney at Land Legal Group. Our lawyers then work beside clients to meet their goals. This might mean a negotiated settlement like mediation or even litigation and a subsequent trial.
While many people believe the cost of an experienced family law attorney is high, many people end up discovering that the attorneys at Land Legal Group can save a great deal of time and money. Our family law attorneys are also often able to help people avoid making unwise choices that would otherwise negatively impact their future. Some of the other advantages that people realize by retaining our attorneys include speeding up the court process, eliminating the need to negotiate directly with the opposing party, and easily assessing the worth of your assets.
Even though it might be possible to represent yourself in family law court, this is not always the wisest decision. After all, family law is a complex area. If you represent yourself, you might end up making a mistake that could jeopardize the outcome of your case. Even worse, you might not know that you made a mistake immediately. Instead, it’s a much better idea to speak with a knowledgeable family law attorney before you take on a case by yourself.
Contact Our Experienced Oja Family Law Lawyers For a Consultation
Regardless of your situation, it’s almost always helpful to obtain the assistance of an experienced family law attorney before navigating any family law case. At the Land Legal Group, we handle a wide range of family law cases including much more than divorce and legal separation. We understand that no two cases are the same. This is why we focus on creating a personally tailored legal strategy for each client. Contact our law office today to schedule a case evaluation.
Directions to Los Angeles Family Law Lawyer from Oja, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 32 mins
Total Est. Distance: 31.6 mi
- Continue to Ventura. Take the US-101 S exit from CA-33 S
- Head southwest on E Ojai Ave toward N Montgomery St
- Continue onto CA-33 S/N Ventura Ave
- Take the exit on the left onto US-101 S toward Los Angeles
- Follow US-101 S and I-405 S/San Diego Fwy to Sawtelle Blvd in Los Angeles. Take exit 54 from I-405 S/San
- Diego Fwy
- Merge onto US-101 S
- Keep left at the fork to stay on US-101 S
- Continue onto US-101 S
- Take exit 19A to merge onto I-405 S/San Diego Fwy
- Take exit 54 toward Olympic Boulevard/Pico Boulevard
- Take W Olympic Blvd to Avenue of the Stars
- Turn right onto Sawtelle Blvd
- Turn right after Enterprise Bank & Trust (on the left)
- Turn right onto the Ave of the Stars ramp
- Turn right onto Avenue of the Stars
Destination will be on the right