Family Law Attorney in Ventura, CA
Family law is challenging. Not only are issues often full of emotions, but people also commonly experience a high degree of stress while navigating these matters. Whether it’s the terms of a divorce settlement, deciding how to craft a child custody order or questions about adoption, each matter has the potential to profoundly impact a person’s life. If you need help with any aspect of family law, you should not hesitate to contact Land Legal Group. Our attorneys are highly experienced and have the compassion and skill necessary to help make your situation as easy as possible as well as obtain the results you desire.
Focused on Family Law
Land Legal Group has gained a reputation for providing clients in Ventura outstanding legal representation in a variety of family law cases including:
- Disagreements involving child custody and/or child support
- Disputes involving the division of high-value assets including real estate
- Issues associated with legal separation, including divorce, prenuptial agreements, and postnuptial agreements
Our attorneys only practice family law, giving you focused insights and experience necessary to resolve even the most complex of family law cases. We understand that no two cases are unique and approach each situation with our utmost sympathy and understanding.
Providing Representation in Ventura Family Law Issues, Despite Complexity
Even what might seem at the beginning like an easy and amicable family law issue has the potential to quickly turn into a hotly debated dispute. The Ventura divorce lawyers at Land Legal Group can provide the legal counsel necessary during heated cases, making sure that the needs of clients are fully represented and that each concern is adequately met. Our lawyers are skilled at each element of divorce, but particularly:
- Cases involving the threat or actual existence of domestic violence
- How to maneuver orders for asset division, custody, and spousal support
- Knowing when mediation can be necessary and provide a valuable role
- Ways to structure pre- and postnuptial agreements
- What to do in situations involving same-sex or LGBTQ+ partnerships
Our Family Law Attorneys Are Dedicated to Helping Children
One area of family law that is often emotionally heightened and a common area of disagreement is child custody and child support. The counsel at Land Legal Group appreciates the countless ramifications of custody issues and takes a compassionate approach to matters. Some of the areas of law that our lawyers handle that most impact children include:
- Child support needs
- “Legal” and “physical” custody
- Paternity rights
The well-being and safety of children are one of the central concerns of our lawyers throughout family law cases and we make sure that each child’s situation resolves in a way that is best for him or her. As a result, during Ventura family law cases, we make it a routine practice to place the needs of children first. We also rely on compassionate but intelligent legal strategies to help families navigate the toughest situations. We’re prepared to answer any questions that our clients ask about child custody, parenting plans, or child support and try to do so in a way that puts you at ease.
If our lawyers believe that something is not in the best interest of a child, we will not recommend it. We take pride in the decisions we recommend and have a full understanding of how they will most likely impact the families that are involved. Our lawyers also have an intimate understanding of the court system for Ventura as well as the surrounding area and can make sure that your decisions are introduced and represented in the best manner possible.
Ventura Family Lawyers Dedicated to Making Sure Property Division Is Fair
Dividing a couple’s assets seems easy in concept. In execution, however, this process can often be complex. Land Legal Group is experienced about a variety of financial matters involved in divorce or separation, which include:
- Complex property division
- Debts including mortgages and other loans
- Pre and postnuptial agreements
- Retirement accounts
- Professional valuations
- Property division
- Spousal support
Protecting Family Right
At Land Legal Group, we remain dedicated to protecting the rights that family members hold under California. We’re prepared to explain to clients their rights under California and federal law as well as what can be done to exercise these rights during legal matters. Whether it’s a case involving property division or domestic violence, we’ll personally structure a strategy for you. Our experienced Ventura lawyers remain dedicated to protecting family rights at every step.
- Grandparent rights. California law lets grandparents seek visitation rights with grandchildren in some situations. If parents are living apart, one of the parents has passed away, have formally divorced, or one or both parents have abandoned the child, grandparents can petition the court to obtain legal rights to child visitation.
- Interests of a child. California state courts place the best interest of a child above everything else that might be involved in a family law case. When deciding on a matter, a judge will select the option that is healthiest and safest for a child.
- Parental rights. In California, both parents have the right to seek custody as well as visitation following a separation. Our lawyers can help you craft the strongest possible argument in the event your case proceeds to trial. We also can assist you and your former spouse in working together during mediation to structure a parenting plan before a judge must intervene.
Despite what issues are involved with your family law case, you should not hesitate to speak with one of our Ventura family law attorneys. Our lawyers can help make sure that your rights are protected in any custody or visitation matter. Our family law attorneys can also help you pursue child support following a divorce. We offer case evaluations to anyone needing answers about a family law matter in Ventura.
Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders in Ventura
Our family law attorneys handle more than just cases involving child custody and divorce, we also help clients navigate situations involving domestic violence and/or restraining orders. Unfortunately, domestic violence occurs at an all too common rate. If your current or former spouse or anyone of any other type of relationship either emotionally or physically abused you or your child, our lawyers will remain dedicated to making sure that your rights are fully asserted and that you remain protected. Our lawyers can also help you obtain a restraining order if your situation warrants one.
In Ventura as well as the rest of California, restraining orders are a type of court order that protects people from abuse, either real or threatened. These orders require the perpetrator to maintain a sufficient distance from you at all times and also prevent any communications and interactions between you and your children. If you and the party who committed the domestic assault still reside in the same location, restraining orders can also require the abuser to move out of the location. Remember, you have the right to request a protective order if the offender abused you and you share a close relationship with the abuser. If your situation does not warrant a restraining order, our lawyers might still be able to help you obtain another type of order like a civil harassment restraining order.
If your family law matter involves domestic violence, we will help you share your side of the case with a judge, a court of law, or mediation. Domestic violence might be a reason for a court to award you custody of your child or children rather than your spouse. Even though California is a no-fault state, showing proof of domestic violence or a history of abuse could have certain benefits for you and your family.
Ventura Custody and Visitation Assistance
Another area of law where our attorneys often help people is child custody. Our lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the nuances found in California’s custody laws and are prepared to help parents navigate them. We can do everything from providing you with a basic understanding of California child custody laws to making sure that you have the strongest claim possible to support your argument for custody or visitation. Some of the factors that influence the outcome of a custody decision include:
- Both parent’s ability to care for the child
- The child’s connections to the surrounding community
- The child’s health and well-being
- The lifestyle to which the child is accustomed
- Both parent’s criminal and drug use history
- The relationship the child has with each parent
- If the child is old enough, the child’s wishes
At Land Legal Group, our family law firm in Ventura, CA also focuses on the following practice areas:
- Same-Sex Divorce
- Child Custody
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Grandparents Rights
- Fathers Rights
- Domestic Violence
- Spousal Support
- Children’s Law
- Child Support
- Dependency Law
Contact Our Ventura Family Law Lawyers Today For A Consultation
Land Legal Group has been helping residents of Ventura and the surrounding area successfully navigate family law matters for some time. Our experienced counsel represents clients in a range of family law matters with their best interest in mind and makes sure to do everything possible that a situation resolves in the best possible manner for individuals.
We practice full transparency with our clients and make sure that you are fully aware of your options. If you have any questions or concerns about any area of family law including custody, divorce, or asset division, and live in the Ventura area, do not hesitate to contact our law office today by calling (805) 696-2160.